Just as you like certain qualities of your close friends, reading the Bible should help you discover things you love about God. And when you love God, you will want to change anything that could make you closer to him.
Where should I read in the Bible to get closer to God?
If you are looking for encouragement, light in times of darkness, promises of God’s protection, or assurance of God’s presence, Psalms is the right book for you. Genesis, the first book of the Bible, is one of the most famous. It describes how God created heaven, earth, and man.
How do I bring myself closer to God?
12 WAYS TO GET CLOSER TO GOD RIGHT NOW
- Get quiet. …
- Read your bible. …
- Write out your prayers in a dedicated notebook; these can be for others or yourself. …
- Go for a walk and talk with God. …
- Meditate on Scripture. …
- Put on some worship music and immerse yourself in the melody and lyrics. …
- Marvel at the world God has created.
Does reading the Bible make God happy?
The Bible tells us God looks into our hearts, seeing the purity of our motives. Our unselfish desire to love God pleases him. … Loving God is expressed in the same way, by spending time in his presence — listening for his voice, thanking and praising him, or reading and contemplating his Word.
How do I develop a closer relationship with God?
So, how should you begin to develop a deeper relationship with God?
- Spend time with him through prayer and by reading his word. …
- Talk to God everywhere. …
- Develop a relationship with others. …
- Listen to God’s voice and practice obedience to his word. …
- Be Willing to Trust Him with your heart.
What happens when you read the Bible everyday?
Reading the Bible on a regular and consistent basis has several benefits. First, the Bible shows us God’s character and provides us God’s revelation of himself to his people. In each section of the Bible, we see God’s holy, unchanging, faithful, gracious and loving character.
How can I hear God’s voice?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
Where do you start when reading the Bible?
The best order to read the Bible is to start with the books that give an overview of the main themes and storyline. This order should also include a sampling of every type of book in the Bible.
How can I get close to Jesus?
4 Ways You Can Come Closer to Jesus Christ
- Read about Jesus in the scriptures.
- Worship Him.
- Serve others.
- Follow His teachings.
How do we put God first everyday?
10. Grab Your god first life planner
- Write when you will spend time in God’s Word.
- Write your daily to-do’s for the week.
- Brainstorm Family Ideas.
- Schedule yourself some rest time.
- Find encouragement with verses that remind you with God all things are possible!
- Prayer reminders for praying throughout the day.
- & More…
What pleases the Lord?
What pleases God is a simple, honest, clean, and refreshing relationship with Him. Enoch pleased God because of his relationship with God, and the Lord said, “Enoch, this is what pleases Me most. Let’s walk into eternity together.” What’s interesting is that this is exactly what the Lord said about His Son, Jesus.
Is there power in reading the Bible?
1. There’s Great Power in Reading the Bible: Learn, know, and worship God. … The bible shows us our desperate need of Jesus. Spending time in God’s Word, we learn about His perfect nature and greatness of His splendor, His majesty, His great power, as well as His patience, His mercy, and His grace.
Is once saved always saved in the Bible?
Others point to John 10:27-28 in an effort to defend the doctrine of “once saved, always saved.” Jesus said, “My sheep know my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out of my hand” (John 10:27, 28).
What does it mean to be close to God?
The phrase, “draw near,” means, very simply, to approach or get close to a thing. To draw near to God, means then, to get close to God. If you get close to God, James is saying, God Himself will come to be close to you. … This is God’s desire. He wants us to come to Him.
How can I connect with God through prayer?
- Don’t be afraid to bring any and all issues to Jesus. …
- Pray to God for guidance. …
- Believe in what you pray for. …
- Remember you can pray and say sorry for all your sin. …
- It maybe hard to understand at first but Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit are one and the same but are still separate from one another.