Help me to take my focus off myself and my situation and keep my eyes firmly planted on you so I don’t sink. In those moments where I feel like I can’t take another step, carry me. Lord, show me what to do in my present situation. If I need to seek professional help, provide it.
What does God say when we are discouraged?
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
How do I stop being discouraged?
How to overcome feeling discouraged
- Make a list.
- Look for a way forward.
- Focus on the work, not the rewards.
- Consider speaking with others.
- Help someone else.
- Look for other influencing factors.
- Try a new project or skill.
- Consider your career goals.
How do you pray when you are troubled?
A Prayer to Heal Stress
Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I can’t seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you’ve laid out for me.
What to say to someone who is discouraged?
Let them know they aren’t alone. What do you say to convey this? It doesn’t mean to promise you’ll never let them down or to share a riveting story about how you handled the same struggle successfully. Instead, show them you long to try to understand and enter their world right then and there by listening.
What is discourage behavior?
Discourage, dismay, intimidate mean to dishearten or frighten. To discourage is to dishearten by expressing disapproval or by suggesting that a contemplated action or course will probably fail: He was discouraged from going into business.
Who was discouraged in the Bible?
Biblical Examples of Discouragement – Israelites
The first biblical example of discouragement I will discuss is the Israelites. They had constant thoughts of giving up and repeatedly berated Moses. Asking him why he brought them from Egypt to die in the wilderness.
How does discouragement affect us?
Discouragement can cause fear, anxiety, confusion and sadness. It is the opposite of feeling inspired and encouraged. Discouragement hits when we feel pretty good about a situation and something or someone rips our enthusiasm away. We lose control.
How do I ask God for protection?
Lord God, I pray for Your protection as I begin this day. You are my hiding place, and under Your wings I can always find refuge. Protect me from trouble wherever I go, and keep evil far from me.
How do I get through hard times with God?
- 8.1 Having faith in God during hard times comes through prayer.
- 8.2 Trusting God in tough times by growing your faith.
- 8.3 Trusting God in hard times gets easier when you recall how has He blessed you in the past.
- 8.4 Put God first every day, not just during your struggles.
How do I stop worrying and trusting God?
Table of Contents
- Stop waiting for the world to help you.
- Stop trying to impress everyone.
- Let yourself hope (in God)
- Identify your life needs, and focus on what really matters.
- Deal with distress.
- Question yourself.
- Get advice when you’re stuck.
- Be aware of what’s happening around you.
How do you cheer up someone who is discouraged?
10 Ways to encourage others:
- Encourage in private. …
- Agree with their feelings. …
- Break obstacles and challenges into bite-size pieces.
- Use questions. …
- Remove a weight or responsibility, temporarily. …
- Explain their value. …
- Get on their level. …
- Encourage rest.
What does discouragement mean in the Bible?
1 : the act of discouraging : the state of being discouraged. 2 : something that discourages.
How do you encourage a discouraged team?
Take Preventative Steps to Keep Your Group Happy
- Keep your team motivated.
- Communicate openly and freely with all your employees. Let them know what is going on in the company and inform them why their job is essential. …
- Listen, and then listen some more. …
- Get out of your office.