Where are the 10 plagues in the Bible?
These plagues are described in chapters 7 through 11 of the book of Exodus. The plagues were water turned into blood, frogs, lice, gnats, diseased livestock, boils, hail, locusts, darkness for three days and killing of firstborn sons.
Why did God send the 10 plagues?
Because Pharaoh refused to set the Israelites free, God decided to punish him, sending ten plagues on to Egypt. These included: The Plague of Blood.
What are the 10 plagues in Hebrew?
The 10 Plagues
- Dam—Blood. We comfort and mourn those whose blood has been spilled.
- Tzfardeiya—Frogs. We protest the proliferation of violence.
- Kinim—Lice. We stop infestations of hatred and fear.
- Arov—Wild Animals. We appeal to all people to act with humanity.
- Dever—Pestilence. …
- Shechin—Boils. …
- Barad—Hail. …
How many biblical plagues were there?
The vivid Old Testament saga of the 10 plagues that devastated the land of Egypt and its people (Exodus 1-12) has intrigued some to seek rational explanations for a chronicle of disasters that befell one population yet spared another.
What are the 10 Commandments in order?
The Ten Commandments are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” …
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.” …
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.” …
- “Honor thy father and mother.” …
- “Thou shalt not kill.” …
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.” …
- “Thou shalt not steal.”
What are the 7 signs?
The seven signs are:
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
What is the final plague?
Death of firstborn: Ex. 11:1–12:36
Before this final plague, God commands Moses to tell the Israelites to mark a lamb’s blood above their doors in order that the Angel of Death will pass over them (i.e., that they will not be touched by the death of the firstborn).
Who received the 10 Commandments from God?
The Ten Commandments are a list of religious precepts that, according to passages in Exodus and Deuteronomy, were divinely revealed to Moses by Yahweh and engraved on two stone tablets.
What does the Bible say about plagues?
Jesus says in Luke 21:11 that there will be plagues. Both Ezekiel and Jeremiah speak of God sending plagues, for example, in Ezek. 14:21 and 33:27, and Jer. 21:6, 7 and 9.
Does Moses appear in Egyptian history?
Though the names of Moses and others in the biblical narratives are Egyptian and contain genuine Egyptian elements, no extrabiblical sources point clearly to Moses. No references to Moses appear in any Egyptian sources prior to the fourth century BCE, long after he is believed to have lived.
What was the deadliest plague in history?
The Black Death, which hit Europe in 1347, claimed an astonishing 20 million lives in just four years.
How many brothers did Jesus have?
The New Testament names James the Just, Joses, Simon, and Jude as the brothers (Greek adelphoi) of Jesus (Mark 6:3, Matthew 13:55, John 7:3, Acts 1:13, 1 Corinthians 9:5). The same verses also mention unnamed sisters of Jesus.
What was the 10th plague?
Killing of the firstborn
In the 10th, and last plague, Moses tells the Pharaoh that all the firstborns in the land of Egypt would perish.