Thank you for [loved one’s name] life, and all the years we shared with him/her. We lift him/her to you today, in honour of the good we saw in him/her and the love we felt from him/her. Please give us the strength to leave him/her in your care, in the knowledge of eternal life through Jesus Christ.
How do you start a prayer for a memorial service?
Lord, we thank you for enabling us to gather here today so that we can celebrate a life well-lived. As we start this funeral service, we ask for the presence of the Holy Spirit in this place. May he bring comfort to every one of us so that we can be able to mourn as believers.
What should you say at a memorial service?
Consider incorporating the following phrases when deciding what to say at a funeral: “I’m so sorry about your loss. [The deceased] was a good person and they’ll be very missed.” “Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.”
What is a memorial prayer?
Prayers are often incorporated into funerals and memorial services. They can be used as a part of a speech, tribute, prayer, eulogy or reading. Prayers are also used in funeral and memorial printing , such as funeral programs, order of service programs, funeral and Memorial bookmarks and memorial prayer cards.
How do you start a funeral prayer?
Prayers for Opening a Funeral
- “Lord of All, We Praise You” This prayer focuses on the positives of death and Christians hope to see God face-to-face after death. …
- A Prayer for the Dead. Many Christians try to take comfort in the fact that God is in control of everything. …
- The Lord’s Prayer.
What is a good prayer for a memorial service?
Dear Lord, We are so grateful that you have made us all in your own image, giving us gifts and talents with which to serve you. Thank you for [loved one’s name] life, and all the years we shared with him/her. We lift him/her to you today, in honour of the good we saw in him/her and the love we felt from him/her.
What do you say at a burial of ashes?
As the ashes or urn is either placed into a columbarium niche or buried in the ground, words of this nature would be fitting: … Although the phrase is not biblical, many will use the words “ashes to ashes, dust to dust” at this point. The Lord gives; the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
What do you say in memoriam?
‘In Memoriam’ Examples for a Death Notice or Obituary
- “Gone but not forgotten, gone but ever here. …
- “Gone is our mother’s light, love, and laughter. …
- “A heart of gold, a smile of pure joy, a kindness that extended to all she knew. …
- “He was more than a son; he was the greatest gift God has given our family.”
How do you make a memorial service special?
Top 6 Memorial Service Ideas for Any Budget
- Find the perfect quotes.
- Display memories from time spend in the Armed Forces.
- Celebrate what they loved or were known for.
- Use candles to set the tone.
- Set up a stone station.
- Create a memory tree.
What do you say at Celebration of Life?
If you’re hosting or planning a celebration of life, you can include remarks like:
- You set eternity in my heart.
- You are loved more than you’ll ever know – Romans 5:8.
- There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind – C.S. Lewis.
- Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.
What do you pray at a memorial service?
Dear Lord, We are so grateful that you have made us all in your own image, giving us gifts and talents with which to serve you. Thank you for (loved one’s name) life, and all the years we shared with him/her. We lift him/her to you today, in honour of the good we saw in him/her and the love we felt from him/her.
How do you pray at a celebration of life?
Dear Heavenly Father, we are thankful that you loved us so much that you sent your Son to earth to make eternal life for us possible. We rejoice in the life of [name of deceased] and into your hands we commit their spirit and our hope. Amen.
How do you pray for the departed soul?
Prayer for the Faithful Departed
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
How do you pray for a funeral prayer?
Having the appropriate neeyat (intention) in your heart, You say the first takbir while raising your hands, then you fold and hold your hands on your chest in the usual manner, the right hand on the left, then you seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Shayṭan, then you utter Bismillah and recite Al-Fatiha.
What is the eternal rest prayer?
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. … The Eternal Rest Prayer is a beautiful prayer of our Catholic faith. We pray for those who have passed away and call on God’s love and mercy to grant them rest and eternal happiness with Him in Heaven.
What do you read at a memorial service?
10 Inspiring Funeral Readings for Any Service
- Dear Lovely Death – Langston Hughes. Dear lovely Death. …
- Remember Me – Margaret Mead. Remember Me: …
- Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night – Dylan Thomas. …
- Turn Again to Life – Mary Lee Hall. …
- Thomas Lynch: …
- Buddha: …
- Washington Irving: …
- Leonardo Da Vinci: